You deserve to be in charge of your yoga practice.
You deserve a class that feels safe and honors your experience.
You deserve to leave class feeling empowered, not inadequate. After all, you are perfect for this practice, just the way you are.
Yoga class can be challenging AND supportive, both mentally and physically, as you build awareness, strength, and balance. You can learn more about yourself and your body through your practice, and I would love to guide you through it.
Hi, I’m Rachel (she/ her/ hers). I’m a yoga teacher, but I’m the first to admit that I don’t know everything about how you should practice. My goal is to empower you to decode the signals from your body so that you can move better and feel better. Whether you are new to yoga, coming back from an injury, or an experienced practitioner looking for more balance in your practice, I create a safe environment so that you can nurture yourself. With a little guidance, you can learn to harness the inherent resilience of the human body and discover your own yoga.
CLICK HERE for current class listings.
I’ve been practicing yoga for over 20 years, and teaching since 2011. Before I became a yoga teacher, I taught English to a wide range of people, from community college students to three-year-olds, in three different countries. I have a MA in International Education, and I bring with me from my previous career a passion for learning and the belief that my job as a teacher is to give you the skills you need to guide your own growth and reach your fullest potential.
When I’m not teaching yoga, you’ll find me reading books with my 5-year-old, lifting weights at the gym, or cooking delicious meals. I can’t live without a dog – I have tried, and it doesn’t last long. My computer is full of workshop downloads, and I’m always learning something new!
Still wondering if my classes will work for you?
We are a good fit if:
- You want to learn how to feel when poses or movements are working for you.
- You don’t think you have a “yoga body” or feel overwhelmed by a fast flow.
- You are coming back from an injury or feel like your practice has plateaued.
- You are excited to discover a varied and more balanced approach to poses.
- You feel disconnected from your body ~ and you’d like to change that.
- You want to be in charge of your own body.
You may not enjoy my classes if:
- You want to be told exactly what to do.
- You care most about doing fancier poses or how your practice looks.
- Your main goal is flexibility for its own sake.
- You believe there is one right way to do a yoga practice.
- You want me to adjust your body.
Ready to take the plunge?
CLICK HERE to explore ways to work with me.