You deserve to be in charge of your yoga practice.
You deserve a practice that feels safe and honors your experience.
You deserve to leave class feeling empowered, not inadequate. After all, you are perfect for this practice, just the way you are.
Yoga practice can be challenging AND supportive, both mentally and physically, as you build awareness, strength, and balance. You can learn more about yourself and your body through your practice, and I would love to guide you through it.
Hi, I’m Rachel (she/ her/ hers). I’m a yoga therapist and teacher, but I’m the first to admit that I don’t know everything about how you should practice. My goal is to empower you to decode the signals from your body so that you can move better and feel better. Whether you are new to yoga or an experienced practitioner, I create a safe environment so that you can nurture yourself. With a little guidance, you can learn to harness the inherent resilience of the human body and discover your own yoga.
I’ve been practicing yoga for over 20 years, and teaching since 2011. I have a 200-hour yoga teacher certification and many hours of continuing education focused on philosophy, meditation, breath, anatomy/ biomechanics, and therapeutic approaches to yoga. I am currently completing my certification as a yoga therapist with Susi Hately of Functional Synergy.
Before I became a yoga teacher, I taught English as a Second Language to a wide range of people, from community college students to three-year-olds, in three different countries. I have a MA in International Education, and I bring with me from my previous career a passion for learning and the belief that my job as a teacher is to give you the skills you need to guide your own growth and reach your fullest potential.
When I’m not teaching yoga, you’ll find me reading books with my 7-year-old, hiking, or cooking good food for the people I love. I can’t live without a dog – I have tried, and it doesn’t last long. My computer is full of workshop downloads, and I’m always learning something new!
Still wondering if I’m the right teacher for you?
We are a good fit to work together if:
- You want to learn how to feel when poses or movements are right for you.
- You are recovering from an injury or surgery, or you have chronic stress, pain, tension, or other bothersome symptoms.
- You deeply desire more for your life than your symptoms allow.
- You are intrigued by a varied and personalized approach to yoga poses and movement.
- You feel disconnected from or let down by your body ~ and you’d like to change that.
- The idea of becoming a partner in your own healing is exciting to you.
You may not enjoy working with me if:
- You believe there is one right way to do a yoga practice.
- You want to follow a one-size-fits-all template for healing.
- You’ve already tried a treatment for your symptoms that you’re satisfied with.
- You care most about doing fancier poses or how your practice looks.
- Your main goal is flexibility or strength for its own sake.
- You’re not interested in changing your approach to yoga poses.