Now booking: new 5-week in-person session in June. Classes will be Thursdays 12:00- 1:00pm Pacific Time, June 3rd- July 1st. We meet at South Park Yoga – 2985 Beech St., San Diego, CA 92102.
The in-person program is a great option if you:
- Live in San Diego.
- Are comfortable practicing in a small group indoors following COVID safety protocols, including masks and distancing.
- Prefer in-person instruction and community practice.
- Don’t have an appropriate space or the technology needed to practice at home.
Interested in online options instead? Click here.
The fee for Therapeutic Yoga for Shoulders and Hips – in-person series is $100 ($20/class). You must sign up for the entire series of 5 classes. This includes:
- 5 live in-person classes with Rachel
- Personalized guidance and feedback about your movement
- A brief customized program (including written instructions) for you to work on between classes if you like. This should take 5-15 minutes a day.
- E-mail support from Rachel for the duration of the program.
- After 5 weeks, you’ll have collected a set of tools that you can use to support your well-being whenever you need them.
If you’re interested in the program but Thursdays don’t work for you, watch this space for updates when I offer it again, or click below to send me a message and ask to be put on the list to get notified when registration opens for future dates.
Frequently Asked Questions (In-Person Program):
What equipment do I need for this class?
- You need a yoga mat.
- Wear comfortable clothing that allows you to move. You will also need a face covering.
- You will receive a list of other props or household items to bring with you by e-mail. If you don’t have formal yoga props, don’t feel you need to go out and purchase them (unless you want to). The practice can be done with common household items you probably already own!
Do I need to attend the classes live?
Yes. Class recordings will not be provided, and any missed classes cannot be made up. If you need to miss a week, that’s fine; however, I cannot refund the fees for missed classes.
I’ve never done yoga before. Is this class appropriate for me?
Yes. All levels of experience are welcome and supported in this class.
What paperwork is needed?
After you pay to reserve your spot, you’ll receive some paperwork to the e-mail address you used to sign up. (Want to use a different e-mail? Message me at firstname.lastname@example.org and let me know.) You’ll need to provide a brief health history, including any areas of pain or difficulty, so that I can provide a program that meets your needs.
My shoulders and hips are fine, but my back (wrist, knee, etc.) hurts. Is there a class for me?
When movement patterns in the shoulders and hips are not ideal, we compensate for the missing movement with other parts of the body. This means that how you move at the hips affects not only the hips, but also the low back, knees, ankles, feet, and even the shoulders or neck. And the shoulders – you guessed it – affect your hands, wrists, elbows, necks, upper backs, and everything else in the body. For this reason, many people find that the work we do in this class can help with discomfort in other areas. However, you should expect that the focus in this class will be on shoulder and hip movement.
What’s the cancellation policy?
You must pay in full to reserve your spot. Any cancellations received 24 hours or more before the first class will be refunded minus a $25 cancellation fee. No refund will be issued for cancellations received less than 24 hours before the program begins, or for classes you do not attend.