The online program is a great option if you:
- Don’t live in San Diego or prefer to practice at home.
- Have reliable internet and a device with a camera and microphone.
- Are willing to be on camera in a small group of 3-5 students.
The way you were able to pinpoint where I was holding tension, or just in general the way I was moving over Zoom is incredible. It was helpful that you knew what I was doing, even if I didn’t.— Julie S.
Interested in in-person options instead? Click here.
Therapeutic Yoga for Your Neck and Back
Sundays 4:00- 5:00 pm Pacific Time; 5 weeks July 11th- August 8th
If you have persistent pain and/or tension in your neck or back, this program is for you.
- Learn how to support yourself in seated and lying down to find greater comfort and ease.
- Grow your awareness of what your back and neck are trying to tell you.
- Learn how your neck and back relate to your shoulder and hip function.
- Learn about the connections between stress, breathing, daily habits, and how your back and neck feel.
- Learn about healthy spinal movement, using restorative and active yoga poses to explore.
- Receive personalized guidance and a brief (5-15 minutes) customized home practice program to support your learning each week.
- Gather a range of techniques that you can continue to use after the program ends to support your sense of well-being.
Space is limited due to the therapeutic nature of this program. To reserve your space, choose your pricing level below.
The online therapeutic yoga series are being offered on a sliding scale, which means you choose the pricing that’s most appropriate for your situation. The cost is $15- $25 per class. You must sign up for the entire series of 5 classes.
Community Pricing: $75 ($15/ class) – This level is appropriate if you’re a member of a marginalized group or you are experiencing financial hardship.
Standard Pricing: $100 ($20/ class) – This pays for you to attend the program. If you can afford to invest in your well-being, this price will compensate me for my time.
Supporter Pricing: $125 ($25/ class) – This level is intended for those who are able to pay a little more for classes. This allows me to offer the community pricing rate for those who need it, and supports the development of the program.
This program has already begun! If you are still interested in joining, please e-mail email@example.com.
Still have questions before you sign up? Click below to get in touch.
If you can’t make this time or are interested in another area of focus, click below to send me a message and ask to be put on the list to get notified when registration opens for future dates.
If you want to book a small-group therapeutic yoga program on your schedule and have a group of 3-5 interested people, click below and send me a message to book your own private series.
Frequently Asked Questions (Online Program):
What equipment do I need for this class?
- You need an internet connected device with a working camera and microphone.
- Many folks like to practice on a mat, but the classes can be adapted to use your furniture if you can’t get down on the floor, or you can lay out a blanket or rug for padding if you don’t have a yoga mat.
- Wear comfortable clothing that allows you to move.
- You will receive a list of other props or household items by e-mail. If you don’t have formal yoga props, don’t feel you need to go out and purchase them (unless you want to). The practice can be done with common household items you probably already own!
How much space do I need?
You need enough space to lie down comfortably with a little space to move your arms and legs. You will also benefit from having a closed door or a small clear space at the wall wide enough to stand with your back on the wall.
Do I need to have my camera on? How about my microphone?
Because of the therapeutic nature of this class, I need to be able to see you so that I can provide feedback and support for refining your movement. This means your camera needs to be on. If your room is too small to get your whole body in the shot, we can usually make it work, but you may have to move your device during the class. I will provide support with setting up the camera for the most useful view. Your microphone may be off during the class, but I may ask you to turn it on or message me in the chat box about what you’re noticing during the class.
Do I need to attend the classes live?
Yes. Class recordings will not be provided, and any missed classes cannot be made up. If you need to miss a week, that’s fine; however, I cannot refund the fees for missed classes.
I’ve never done yoga before. Is this class appropriate for me?
Yes. All levels of experience are welcome and supported in this class.
What paperwork is needed?
After you pay to reserve your spot, you’ll receive some paperwork to the e-mail address you used to sign up. (Want to use a different e-mail? Message me at firstname.lastname@example.org and let me know.) You’ll need to provide a brief health history, including any areas of pain or difficulty, so that I can provide a program that meets your needs.
I have pain in other areas. Is this class suitable for me?
When movement patterns in a joint are not serving us, we compensate for the missing movement with other parts of the body. This means that how you move at the hips affects not only the hips, but also the low back, knees, ankles, feet, and even the shoulders or neck. And the shoulders – you guessed it – affect your hands, wrists, elbows, necks, upper backs, and everything else in the body. For this reason, many people find that the work we do in any class series can help with discomfort in other areas. Some of the practices we use will be the same across all class series, regardless of the primary body part focus. The practices used are customized for the people who attend and targeted to the class topic, but may help with other issues as well.
What’s the cancellation policy?
You must pay in full to reserve your spot. Any cancellations received 24 hours or more before the first class will be refunded minus a $25 cancellation fee. No refund will be issued for cancellations received less than 24 hours before the program begins, or for classes you do not attend.